Zambolis apartments

Zambolis apartments
For your holidays in Chania

Sunday 22 March 2009

Other people's foods: Delicious snacks (Μικροφαγητά)

I was making my regular once-a-week pizza installment which inspired me to make a delicious snack with some of the leftover dough. This moreish finger food can also be tailor-made for everyone's tastes. I found the basic recipe from Maya who lives in the beautiful Ljubljana of Slovenia. She cooks like a pro and is very creative food-wise. Her recipes look mouth-watering: check them out for yourself.

mini pizza snacks

Align Centre
Maya uses a bread dough to make these 'bocconcini', as Maya calls them. I used Laurie's basic ladenia pizza dough and filled the cookie-size rounds with:
  1. spinach kalitsounia mixture
  2. Alaskan salmon using Maya's basic recipe (replacing sour cream with Greek strained yoghurt)
  3. cheese and salami
I lost count of how many I ate, just like when I eat crisps. They went like hotcakes.

©All Rights Reserved/Organically cooked. No part of this blog may be reproduced and/or copied by any means without prior consent from Maria Verivaki.

10 comments:

  1. So you've made them! :) That's nice, they look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice little boukitses...dangerous as you lost track too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look soooooo delicious! I can see why they went fast. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look great! I love snacks like that and often find myself looking for such little bites to munch on. I'm heading over to Maya's site now to check her version out too ..

    ReplyDelete
  5. These sound like delicious tasty bites perfect for snacking..or if we eat many..a meal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not surprised these disappeared so quickly, they look fab. What a great way to use up left over dough.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maya's blog sure looks deeelicious. Scrumptious biscuits ,so good for snacking:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh. my. gosh! These look fantastic! That cheese and salami one would disappear very quickly around here. Oh, who am I kidding? They would all disappear very quickly! YUM!

    On a totally separate topic, the other day my kids and I were quizzing each other on identifying various flags from nations around the world. When it was their turn to quiz me, they thought they would stump me when they presented me with a certain blue and white flag. Well, no such luck, my kiddos! I didn't even hesitate and responded "Greece"! The flag they showed me was the Greek flag! I told them that it was easy ... I see an icon of the Greek flag every time Maria visits my blog! Ha! Whew ... that was a lucky break for me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These would make great party appetizers - if my husband and I don't eat them all up before they make onto platters!

    ReplyDelete