Zambolis apartments

Zambolis apartments
For your holidays in Chania

Sunday 7 December 2008

Marinated pork chops (Πικάντικες χοιρινές μπριτζόλες)

The little laughing olive tree
came to Crete and cooked for me.
While I went about my weekend chores,
she rampaged on my kitchen floors.

pork chops ala little laughing olive tree

When I asked her 'Whatcha cookin?'
She exclaimed: 'It's what you're lookin'.
"I just wondered if you please,
will my husband eat any of these?"

Come dinner time the kitchen smelt
as if a fire had been put out,
with mustard and some Worcestershire sauce,
a bit of onion chopped up coarse.

little laughing olive tree lunch

"What's for salad?' she insisted.
"I't's cooking now," I promptly answered.
She doesn't know my eggplant pizza,
but now she's here, I'm gonna teach 'er.

I picked the last tomatoes growing
and some peppers green as string beans,
and with the omelette that was leftover,
that made our lunch one of the best ever.

©All Rights Reserved/Organically cooked. No part of this blog may be reproduced and/or copied by any means without prior consent from Maria Verivaki.

9 comments:

  1. I always get a kick out your table shots, showcasing the feast of the day...the chops look great and Worcestershire is a favourite condiment...and mustard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The chops sound wonderful and as long as the new food triers loved it all its all good:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of all the things on that table, I lust after the bread the most. I wish we got nice Horiatiki bread like that here. Even stuff I make myself doesn't come close.

    ReplyDelete
  4. if you're making your own bread, you're doing better than me...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks delicious! We were almost going to dine al fresco yesterday and then a cold wind whipped up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wait, you're not outside are you? I noticed the remote on the table...
    you're kitchen is nice and bright!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a delicious family meal! Yum! Lovely verses! Wish I could write like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heh - I don't make my daily bread - but for a special occasion, a home made loaf is a nice treat. I highly recommend this method:

    http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/08/dining/081mrex.html

    Read more about the method here and be sure to check out the video. The bread is fantastic - but very different to Greek bread.

    Here is a picture of one I made:

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/aris1234/2685631380/in/set-72157606122653855/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I mean really - who could go wrong with a recipe like this - looks great!

    -DTW
    www.everydaycookin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete