Zambolis apartments

Zambolis apartments
For your holidays in Chania

Tuesday 14 February 2012

Love, actually (Έρωτας)

I met my husband through family friends. He never bought me presents or flowers. We never bought each other Christmas or birthday presents. Before we got married, he once bought me a plant for my garden on my nameday, so I bought him a plant for his garden on his nameday in reciprocation. One Valentine's Day, I do remember getting a really flimsy-looking single rose, which I suppose may have been the cheapest offering at the florist's. To show him that I believed he'd wasted his money, I didn't buy him anything.


After that, we realised that there was no need to spend money on each other to prove that we were thinking about each other on a particular day of the year; at any rate, we have each other on our mind every day of the year. We've obviously saved a lot of money being stingy in this way, but we're still happily together by choice.

Happy Valentine's Day, if indeed you do celebrate it.

©All Rights Reserved/Organically cooked. No part of this blog may be reproduced and/or copied by any means without prior consent from Maria Verivaki.

4 comments:

  1. Happy Valentine's Day. A special meal is in order.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ι dedicate you this article http://www.tovima.gr/science/medicine-biology/article/?aid=443369 which says that when you are not afraid that your partner may abandon you as in a marriage, you gradually loose your desire for him. So is love a fear that the other person might abandon us so we desperately try to attract and impress him/her? And is the only solution to sustain love to stay apart?

    ReplyDelete