Zambolis apartments

Zambolis apartments
For your holidays in Chania

Tuesday 12 June 2012

Marida and garida (Μαρίδα και γαρίδα)

Fish is expensive; just look at the photo - koutsomoura (Barbatus barbatus) for €14/kg, European hake (bakaliaraki) for €12/kg. Tasty stuff, but not for everyone's pockets. When I saw this sign, I couldn't walk by the fishmonger's display without stopping to get my hands on it...:


... especially when I know that I can turn it into a right feast, something like this:



Marida and garida (γαριδα), served with sriracha sauce that I bought in Den Haag, and some home-made dolmathakia. 

Shrimps are now spawning (you can see this in the first picture - the shrimp is blue on its belly) and the fresh shrimp season is over until the autumn. 


©All Rights Reserved/Organically cooked. No part of this blog may be reproduced and/or copied by any means without prior consent from Maria Verivaki.

1 comment:

  1. I remember buying garides from Chania market in 1981... they were raw and still jumping! The fishmonger insisted I tasted them and gave me one with the head pulled off, still twitching. It was delicious - cool, sweet and tasted of the sea.

    ReplyDelete