Zambolis apartments

Zambolis apartments
For your holidays in Chania

Wednesday 7 March 2012

Burger lunch (Μπούργκερ)

Making tasty food is not difficult for me, but I am lax about the way I photograph the finished dishes. I've been thinking about how to make my food photos look more delectable, without detracting from the focus of cooking a tasty healthy meal (that will always priority).

TO give my really good food a really good look, I need good props. There is one part of my environment that I haven't really used in my food photography: the landscape. I am going to try to take my food to a 'real' environment, which involves one simple step - moving outdoors. This led me to ask myself why I hadn't thought of that before instead of using my dreary cold kitchen which desperately needs a paint job. A good excuse is the weather (we've had the heaviest longest-lasting in winter in at least a decade). 

Here's my first attempt at taking my food outdoors: a pan-fried vegan bean burger, some home-made apricot chutney, fresh cheese (anthotiro) made from sheep's milk, a toasted wholemeal bun, and an olive grove.


It rarely gets better than this in Crete, except in summer, when you can have your lunch by the sea.

©All Rights Reserved/Organically cooked. No part of this blog may be reproduced and/or copied by any means without prior consent from Maria Verivaki.

5 comments:

  1. That will increase your ratings. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks perfect. You are so lucky to have that backdrop, natural light and Cretan nature make for the best props. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks really delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would eat that burger in a heartbeat.
    Anthotiro is my favorite cheese. I seem to recall that it was served the first time we met...and you were surprised to find such at our table. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. enjoy your new settings! do want to mention that part of what drew me to your blog in the first place was the very "real-time" photos, as i call them... i knew that the food was a higher priority than the photo; i appreciate(d) your style in the same way that i appreciate the simplicity of presentation at a taverna in greece. that is, you are eating the most amazing food on simple plates in a simple setting... clearly that is partly what separates greece from other countries that attempt delcious food but have to have an impressive setting. whenever i am eating an over-the-top delicious meal (due to ingredients just as much if not more than method of cooking) at a humble seaside taverna i still marvel at the whole thing (after 10 years). in any case, your fresh approach to photos will likely draw more viewers and this is can only be GOOD!

    ReplyDelete