Zambolis apartments

Zambolis apartments
For your holidays in Chania

Thursday 15 January 2009

Bad taste (Κακό γούστο)

Seen at the supermarket in the toys section...

koukla eating McDonalds
This doll should come with a censor's health warning...

Baby eating McDonalds
complete with Happy Meal
drink-cum-straw

and french fries packet
slurping noises included
guaranteed smiles.

Junky haiku

©All Rights Reserved/Organically cooked. No part of this blog may be reproduced and/or copied by any means without prior consent from Maria Verivaki.

11 comments:

  1. Brilliant. One day, when I finally make it to Crete, we'll have to get together and rant about all the ills in this world. Or, so as to not drone on for eons in misery about the state of this planet, we'll simply go for a nice coffee. Either way, I think we'll have a lot in common. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure that toy is completely biodegradable as well...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that straight from McDonald's or sold in a toy store??? Whatever the case, it's a bit insane if you ask me ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ick! Too bad she doesn't come with a cholesterol monitor and blood pressure kit! Loved your haiku poetry! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...and a censor's "mental" health warning too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe it. They sure know how to play with kids' minds.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes, I am just so embarrassed to be American, I could scream! This doll makes me want to assert my French-by-marriage citizenship and cozy up to Jose Bove (radical French activist known for campaign against "macdo" as the French pronounce it). At least next week, I'll get to feel proud as I watch the inauguration of Barack Obama--regardless of your politics, it's a brilliant moment in U.S. history and leadership. (Now if only he could quit smoking...!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I followed the link to you blog from History of Greek Food and I look forward to reading more of your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope it doesn't sell, but if it does, it means that consumers are driving the market to do stupid things.

    ReplyDelete