Zambolis apartments

Zambolis apartments
For your holidays in Chania

Wednesday 10 September 2008

Mini-break (Διακοπές)

Dear faithful followers of my blog,

While I was on holiday (can't wait to share it all with you, food and scenery), a post came up on my blog that I thought I had saved in draft form. Obviously I hadn't, and it was still in draft form when it appeared today on the blog, so I've removed it. This is just to let you know that if you find it in your readers, it is not missing - it is still being written...

Now, back to my mini-break. It was a chance NOT to do things I normally do:
  • cleaning
  • washing
  • cooking
  • drinking coffee
  • writing blog posts
  • over-using the computer
  • driving
  • supermarket shopping
  • using a telephone
  • watching/hearing the news
  • worrying about how to use up the bounty of an over-producing garden
I even managed to do some things that I don't normally do at all:
  • read a novel in three days
  • wear the same T-shirt for three days
  • let the children walk around in their underpants
  • sleep with both the window and shutters open
  • go for morning swims
  • sleep during siesta period
  • eat out twice a day
There are no secrets between friends about where I went:


... but to find out more about the place before I write up any posts, you may need to think more creatively than the sign writer in terms of spelling. I hope you can decipher the name in between the bullet holes found on the sign...

3 comments:

  1. Paleochora !
    We talked of getting the boat from hora but decided to spend a night in Hania instead....are we missing out?
    Sounds like you had a proper vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a perfect break. Especially the siesta bit. I'm sure I was Greek or Spanish in a previous life, once it gets to 2pm I'm ready to conk out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your vacation sounds dreamy. The same t-shirt for 3 days? Awesome. Kids in their underwear? Double awesome. Glad to hear that you had a nice vacation.

    ReplyDelete