Zambolis apartments

Zambolis apartments
For your holidays in Chania

Saturday 21 September 2013

Cherry tomatoes (Ντοματίνια)

"Want some tomatinia?" my uncle asked me. We never say no to tomatoes.

"Sure, we do. Have you got a plastic bag handy?"
"Plastic bag? I give you heaps of plastic bags every time you come to pick something! How about returning some one day?"

So I found a plastic bag drying on the washing line and stepped onto the soil where I began picking the cherry tomatos off the plant. I picked and picked and picked till I thought I had picked enough. When my uncle saw the bag, he said
"Is that all you picked? There are hundreds still on the plants! Go an' pick some more!"
So I picked some more, till I nearly filled the bag, and if I picked any more, they would have spilled out.

Last chance to enter the draw for some natural beauty products by leaving a comment on this post in my blog.

©All Rights Reserved/Organically cooked. No part of this blog may be reproduced and/or copied by any means without prior consent from Maria Verivaki.

2 comments:

  1. How lucky you are Maria!!!!

    Last Monday I was run over by a car, but there's nothing broken nor displaced. Just to let you know that I haven't been able to go to the post office to send you the carob flour :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummie! Fortunate you! As well as eating them fresh, we yearly do two things: 1. we make various tomato marmalades of slightly subtle taste difference to use in varying ways to tide us till the next harvest 2. Dehydrate, dehydrate, dehydrate for our use until the next harvest.

    ReplyDelete