Zambolis apartments

Zambolis apartments
For your holidays in Chania

Monday 30 August 2010

My first salad (Η πρώτη μου σαλάτα)

Hello. My name is Christine. I live in Hania. I'm eight years old and I have one older brother. My father is a taxi driver but when he isn't driving, he likes to work in the garden. My mother likes to cook everything that grows in the garden. I like cooking too. I'm still too young to cook everything by myself, but I like to help my mother in the kitchen. Today, I made my first salad - all by myself.

First, I picked some tomatoes, from the garden...
DSC01438

... and washed them in the kitchen sink...
DSC01439

Then I cut off the green part of the tomato where the stem is attached to the plant and threw it away...
DSC01443

Then I cut the tomatoes in half...
DSC01444

... and cut each half into smaller pieces, and put them all on a plate.
DSC01445

Then I poured some olive oil and sprinkled a little salt over them.
DSC01446

My brother laid the table, and I placed my tomato salad in the middle...
DSC01448
... and we all ate it (except for my brother, because he doesn't eat coloured food) with our boureki (except for my brother again, because it;s got green things in it - my mother sometimes cooks special meals for him, like today: he's having lentils).

©All Rights Reserved/Organically cooked. No part of this blog may be reproduced and/or copied by any means without prior consent from Maria Verivaki.

8 comments:

  1. Very sweet! Bravo Christina!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geia sou Christina, eimai o filos tis mamas kai o Mpampas apo Kanada. Eixa erthei sto spiti sas kai thn philoxenia kai nostima fagita tha meinoun sth mimni mou gia xponia.

    Bravo gia thn salata kai perimenoumai poles alles nostimies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mprabo Christina, mia polu oreo salata!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your salad sounds delicious Christine with fresh vegetables from your garden!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic Christine! I see that you are learning that simplicity is the best with food...you have a great teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your salad is wonderful Christine! Bravo!! Γειά στα χέρια σου!
    Magda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Γεια στα χέρια σου Χριστινάκι!

    ReplyDelete
  8. here is to a good start! Christina will make a great cook. and a good eater if she cooks too.

    ReplyDelete