Zambolis apartments

Zambolis apartments
For your holidays in Chania

Thursday 20 November 2008

Mid-November harvest

Some days are worth a million dollars.

rainbow hania chania
To view more wonderful skies from around the world, visit Sky Watch.

Fresh from the garden, picked yesterday, after five consecutive days of on-off rain in Hania, during which we saw this rainbow in the morning before I took the children to school. It's getting cold, cold enough to eat all day, which is why everything I cook gets consumed as soon as it comes out of the oven or the saucepan.

november harvest

Admittedly, the peppers are smaller and the tomatoes fewer, but that eggplant doesn't seem to have diminished in any way...

©All Rights Reserved/Organically cooked. No part of this blog may be reproduced and/or copied by any means without prior consent from Maria Verivaki.

11 comments:

  1. Wow! You have quite a productive garden! I love the large tomatoes and eggplants! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what gorgeous pictures! My mouth is positively watering!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great that you have access to such fresh veggies now.
    Thanks so much for stopping by my site!
    That pic is of acorn squash, so it is a very dark green on the outside (I'm not sure if they're available outside the States). Personally, I like butternut squash, plain old pumpkin and one other very large squash our Thea in Agrinio uses in late summer which I can't seem to find on any web site, much better than acorn squash.
    Here's a site with good descriptions of a few winter squash varieties: http://www.recipetips.com/kitchen-tips/t--830/all-about-winter-squash.asp

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the rainbow! What a treat that must have been to see after so much rain. Your garden bounty is just awesome! I want to snatch those tomatoes right out of the screen! Um ... and some of those peppers. And, uh, some of those eggplant, too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love an end to end rainbow, never caught one myself. You might like to go to imac's post today. He has a rainbow explanation you'd appreciate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful veggies! I took my preschool class on a walk to the community pea-patch to check out the gardens last week, and alas, they were all stripped and covered in mulch for the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh, to have a garden tomatoe in Novemeber...in my dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your eggplants look marvelous. I baby mine all through the growing season, which usually ends right about the time I get a first little baby eggplant bulb. This year we got lucky with about another two weeks of warm enough weather to get 3 whole full-size eggplants and they went right into the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful picture you capture of rainbow...and the veggies look perfect to me...
    have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. BEautiful rainbow. And I'm so jealous of your produce. Does it frost there?? This week we just ate the last of the tomatoes that were picked at the end of October before our first frost. I need to make marinara with the rest of the romas. You picture looks like the height of summer to me!

    ReplyDelete