Zambolis apartments

Zambolis apartments
For your holidays in Chania

Sunday 19 April 2009

Happy Easter! (Καλό Πάσχα!)




Why are my red eggs speckled? A speckled hen must have laid them. The koulourakia are going like hot cakes, and this year...

hot cross bun tsoureki

... I used my tsoureki recipe in conjunction with Aussie Peter's idea of mixing the hot cross bun shape with the traditional Greek Easter bread; the result revived nostalgic feelings for my down under origins.

Χριστός Ανέστη!

©All Rights Reserved/Organically cooked. No part of this blog may be reproduced and/or copied by any means without prior consent from Maria Verivaki.

16 comments:

  1. Χριστός Ανέστη Maria!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Xronia Polla! Xristos Anesti!

    I cant believe you found (and commented) on my blog... I had abandonded it for, like, ever!

    I have to get back into it!
    Thanks again! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alethos Anesti!!
    Katherine left for Moscow yesterday, arrived in time to go to church. Havent talked to her yet to see if she made it:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Αληθώς Ανέστη ο Κύριος, Μαρία και οικογένεια!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alithos Anesti...kai hronia polla!!!

    Your tsoureki looks amazing!!!
    Enjoy your day:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alithos Anesti - have a wonderful celebration :)

    I love your hot cross bun bread, what a brilliant idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Easter to you, Maria!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Αληθώς Ανέστη, Μαρία!

    ReplyDelete
  9. truely HE is risen.

    hope it was a very happy Easter Sunday for you and all your family. Wellington put on a fine Sunday for the second week in a row - to me, two great Easter Sundays.

    Care and respect, Michelle/ Mickle in Wellington, NZ

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Easter! Αληθώς Ανέστη!Health and strength!
    I'd blame the vinegar for the discoloration of the eggs..but can't be 100% sure. They are beautiful, especially on top of koulurakia!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Late but sincere - your Easter baked goods look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Easter to you! Everything looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy (belated) Easter! Everything looks great. I'm munching on leftover tsoureki right now. :)

    ReplyDelete