Zambolis apartments

Zambolis apartments
For your holidays in Chania

Wednesday 16 October 2013

Dinner

Last night's dinner:

Fasolada and a slice of bread, with some white wine.

I never eat my bean soups with a spoon. I prefer the fork - the bread mops up all the sauces. Fasolada never feels like a soup to me anyway - there's much more bite in it than slurp.

©All Rights Reserved/Organically cooked. No part of this blog may be reproduced and/or copied by any means without prior consent from Maria Verivaki.

5 comments:

  1. There is fasolatha and then there is fasolatha that i grew up with , lets start with yours rich oily and tasty i would eat that for breakfast ,Now the stuff that my father used to try and make me eat had onion, carrots , oil pepper salt and a squeeze of lemon ... i have to tell you there was no way that stuff could reach my stomach, im sure that who ever invented that recipe hated kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. there's your version of Fasolada, rich, oily. and tasty , i would eat this for breakfast , then there is the shock horror that i grew up with, in the neighborhood where i lived you could tell by the kids cries who cooked fasolatha that day, and everyone cooked the stuff exactly the same way, oil ,water, onion, carrot, beans, pepper, and a squeeze of lemon , to kill the taste all adults would eat raw onion with it , I have to tell you Maria if there ever was a time that we looked forward to a hidding instead of eating that stuff it was then, AAAaaaahhh! sweet memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favorite recipes! We eat it with forks too, the kids LOVE it and request it often. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fasolada weather is upon us... time for me to sort through the beans.

    ReplyDelete