Zambolis apartments

Zambolis apartments
For your holidays in Chania

Wednesday 5 November 2008

Welcoming the new president of the US (Καλωσορίζοντας τον νέο πρόεδρο των ΗΠΑ)

"In a nation that was founded on genocide and then built on the backs of slaves, it was an unexpected moment, shocking in its simplicity: Barack Obama, a good man, a black man, said he would bring change to Washington, and the majority of the country liked that idea. The racists were present throughout the campaign and in the voting booth. But they are no longer the majority, and we will see their flame of hate fizzle out in our lifetime." (Michael Moore; thanks to Meg Wolff)

God bless Barack Hussein Obama!
God bless America!
God bless each and every one of us!

US food
The last time I took my children to the cinema, I bought them popcorn. I kept the boxes specially for this post. That was over six weeks ago. I believed that it was possible...

PS: Commiserations to the losers

the sneaky dirty rat fink

Happy GUY FAWKES DAY to those who will be celebrating it with bonfires and fireworks!

9 comments:

  1. It's been an exciting evening here, and hopefully the start of change for the better. Although the Presidential race is complete, we are still waiting for the votes to be tallied for State positions and issues. It could go on for a long time into the night. In the meantime, I'd love to share a handful of popcorn with you, and toast a glass of Coke to the future! (Love the little rat pizza!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is such a historic occasion. For the first time in my 51 years I felt as though I wanted to run to the polls to vote. Record numbers of Americans felt the same way. Barack Obama embodies the spirit of America. YES,WE CAN. Thank you for your post Maria! I'll cheer to that with some sparkling water!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maria! Your blog is on today's 5 random blogs on the Foodie BlogRoll! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dont drink coke, but I will clink glasses with you anyway.
    It is a great day for America.
    It is like being a part of history.
    Petros was enroute to Greece yesterday.
    The stewardesses told him who was ahead..and then who WON!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel like I’ve lived as a prisoner in my own country for the past 8 years. I couldn’t openly express my outrage at the war (& other things) without offending others. It’s gotten better in recent time, but only after my fellow countrymen came to their senses enough to admit that the infant terrible in the White House was destroying all that we stood for.

    I feel tremendously relieved today after Obama's historic election last night. I believe this marks the beginning of a whole new era for the U.S. at home and in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute Maria! I'll have a toast a glass a wine with you! (not a soda drinker either) I'm sooooo happy with this outcome, words can't describe how I feel. I cried both tears of joy and some of relief. It's such a great time for us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The historic win of Barack Husein Obama was amaazing.God bless America!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing!!! Let us hope for the best for the future which starts now! There is a lot of good work that needs to be done. High hopes on their shoulders!

    ReplyDelete