Zambolis apartments

Zambolis apartments
For your holidays in Chania

Sunday 18 August 2013

Dried herbs

It's that time of year again when I pack away my annually renewable dried herbs:
From top left clockwise, common oregano, bay leaves, basil and throumbi (a Cretan herb that is used in a similar way to oregano, especially good for marinating meat). More on Cretan herbs here: http://www.organicallycooked.com/2013/07/wild-aromatic-cretan-herbs_23.html

All my herbs were harvested from private gardens, except for the throumbi which came from the wild, respectfully picked in a small quantity to allow it to re-grow.

My hands now feel prickly and itchy, and I smell like souvlaki meat.

©All Rights Reserved/Organically cooked. No part of this blog may be reproduced and/or copied by any means without prior consent from Maria Verivaki.

No comments:

Post a Comment