Zambolis apartments

Zambolis apartments
For your holidays in Chania

Thursday 17 July 2008

No more room at the inn (Είμαστε πλήρης)

(poem dedicated to all my regular readers - you know who you are, and I'm humbled to be meeting up with so many)

I woke up this morning
and what did I see?
Some garden-fresh vegetables
looking at me.

fresh garden summer produce

How did they come in?
I heard them not knock.
They came univited,
it was such a great shock.

Alas, I can't bear it
no longer herein,
for, as you can see,
there's no room at the inn.

no more room at the inn

No more room at the inn
and it's only July,
we still have two more
summer months to fly by.

farmer jim

No more room at the inn,
I beg you to come;
I'll cook up a treat
you'll enjoy in the sun.

Boureki, moussaka,
imam baldi,
tzatziki, hohlious,
and horiatiki.

I'm waiting to see you,
I'll greet you in Greek:
Kalos orisate!
Kali orexi!


©All Rights Reserved/Organically cooked. No part of this blog may be reproduced and/or copied by any means without prior consent from Maria Verivaki.

13 comments:

  1. You are going to become the trobadour of food!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A marvelous bounty from your garden...invite, host, cook and enjoy the good parea and great food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not only are you an amazing cook, but a great poet. What talent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! My garden is about 6 feet wide and 15 feet long. I'm so envious of your bounty. But you have a lot of work ahead of you. The picture of the produce on the counter is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I only discovered your blog site a few weeks & it's already become my very favorite! And I read a LOT of "foodie" & gardening blogs! I wanted to send you an email introducing myself & asking you a question, but I couldn't find your email address anywhere on your sites. Do you have it listed somewhere, or would you prefer not to be inundated with mail?? Anyway, I'm a fan! --Laurene

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you used the space under the beds yet? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - you are super-well provided for, aren't you! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. If only I could visit I would put a dent in all that garden bounty:D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the poem! I know how you feel...it's getting that way over here. I'm going to store some tomatoes today. It's so much work but it's worth it in the cold months of winter, I agree.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whoo-eee! That's quite the harvest! All those veggies look fantastic! I think my stomach just growled! Your poem is so clever; I just love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for your comment at Glasgow Daily Photo - much appreciated! I like your blog very much, though reading it may well turn into a guilty pleasure as I'm trying to lose weight!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So funny! I understand about the vegetables coming uninvited -- in September, we can scarcely leave our village house without coming home to a bag of vegetables sitting on the front step. The eggplant is easy to deal with, but multiple bags of okra?? The picture of your very full counter anchored by giant zucchini is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, those fridge shelves are bowing under the weight of all that produce! What an amazing sight.

    ReplyDelete